:{The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.}: ~ Psalm 18:2

Monday, July 11, 2011

Levels

People are always coming and going in our lives due to different circumstances that make us realize where everyone fits in our own world. At one time, someone may have been more or less important to you than they are now. Even your own level of importance to other people changes and varies according to the status you carry with them. People constantly change, and like a snake, they shed skin to bring out the new person.

Some people are so often changing that you end up not knowing who they are no matter how much you try to get to know them. They change according to their friends or a relationship so that they become the person someone else wants them to be. In time, their own personality gets lost or changes so frequently that you lose track of them entirely because you have no idea what you were looking for in the first place. And when someone begins changing you is when you need to leave. A person should never have to change to make someone else appreciate them. If you don't like someone for who they are, just do them a favor and leave them alone. Nothing is more sad than a person being changed just to fit into someone else's mold.

I have two best friends whom I have know for over ten years and I have never had to change or alter myself to make them happy. We have been friends for so long because we are who are in front of each other. I could not ask for more in a friendship. My dearest friends with whom I have kept in touch are the people who are content with the person I have become and the woman I will be. I refuse to change me for the sake of someone else.

And in a relationship, I am myself. My boyfriend loves me for who I am not who I was or could be and them same goes from me to him. He is himself and I love him for just that. If I were to try and change him I would be changing the very person I fell in love with, and how does that even make sense? It is so important in a relationship to be honest with who you are to the other person, letting them love and cherish you for who you are.

Identity theft does not just happen to credit cards and social security numbers. It happens to personality quirks and characteristics that make a person who they are. Some of the most important things get stolen from a person just because someone else wasn't happy with it. Don't lose who you are in the shuffle. Celebrate the fact that there is someone else out there to treasure you who will adore those quirks that make you who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment