:{The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.}: ~ Psalm 18:2

Sunday, April 18, 2010

When in Rome...

This May I will be journeying across the Atlantic Ocean to the beloved home of my ancestors... the Italians! I will be traveling to Italy is pursuit of journalistic truth and seriously gorgeous pictures. I am getting very excited about this trip and really want to keep up this blog so that I can write about my experiences there and to other places that I travel. For instance, I still need to make a post about the missions trip I lead to Mississippi! I will do that soon, because that was such an incredible trip.
But anyway, back to Italy! What an amazing journey! I am going through school and it is a journalism seminar. We are going to get the opportunity to interview a family member of the Amanda Knox case and cover this huge debacle. This is going to be crazy, getting to write about this huge case that has already gotten so much coverage. As I said before, I will have to keep up this blog and give updates about my new journalism skills. (I'm much more of a creative writer than a journalist, but, heck, I can deal for Italy!)
When you see an exciting opportunity like this, take it. I was slightly hesitant about going on this trip because I am not so interested in journalism. However, the more I hear about this trip and the more I think about it, the more excited I get! I am going to be going to Italy to cover this huge case and then I get to write about it. How awesome.
Because of this trip, I am also getting more into blogs and blogging. I am really doing a horrible job of keeping up with this thing. Maybe if I get off of Facebook more, I will be on this more! We shall see. I need to just keep getting things out there and I am very thrilled to share my experiences with the blogging world. Hopefully someone out there cares about what I have to say... We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment