:{The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.}: ~ Psalm 18:2

Monday, April 26, 2010

Roads

Sometimes there are things in life that you want really really bad... and many times you do not get this thing that you really want. What many people have trouble with is the fact that these things happen for a reason. You can't always get what you want. That's a fact.
As Americans, we can be pretty selfish beings who always want things to happen the way we expect them to and instantaneously. We want everything at the tips of our fingers ad at our own disposal. There will never be a time when we can get everything just perfect, it doesn't work that way. Nothing can ever be truly perfect and we need to stop trying to obtain this false perfection.
Take the road less traveled. The bumpy, rocky, uneven half-paved, wacky road. Know that whatever choice you make, you can make the most of. If we look at things as impossible right from the get-go just because they aren't the way we wanted them, then we need to stop looking. The things that we see as hard to reach, are! And that is okay! If you work hard enough to make something semi-perfect or workable, it will be worth it. You can get a variation of what you want and the work will pay off and be worth the struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment