:{The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.}: ~ Psalm 18:2

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Hear the Peepers

You know the weather is getting warmer when you can hear the peepers. Their loud racket signifies the freedom of summer air and that steady nighttime breeze. When you hear them, you feel calm because you know that beautiful days are ahead and soon the cool New England weather will let up and let us celebrate.

One of my favorite parts of summer is being barefoot in the grass. It feels free and invigorating. My toes intertwined with my yard is tempting and I cannot wait to have my bare feet allowed to be wherever they please. The thought is wonderful, and soon this rainy and dreary weather will pass.

Until then I will listen to the peepers and dream of sunny days and lazy nights. I wish I could be outside now next to a fire with people I love roasting a marshmallow and smiling. Summer is not far off and it will be worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment