:{The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.}: ~ Psalm 18:2

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Now I'm Asking Why

It's almost terrible how much I miss Mississippi. Everyday I realize more and more how much I would rather be there than here. And I realize that God has a purpose for me being here, but I would rather be in the South. If I could drop everything and go back, I wouldn't even blink, I'd just board a plane and leave. My heart still hasn't caught up with me and I am still trying to wrap my mind around all that happened last week, and it is so hard trying to adjust. All I want is to throw on my grubby work clothes, throw my hair up into a ponytail, and just get ready to work. I want to be going to someone's house to repair or paint something. Or I want to be heading to the Saw Mill Quarters to play with kids and share the love of Christ. Yet, here I am back at my privileged school and my education and the memories that stick to me. Everyday I look at some of the pictures and just want to cry. I miss the faces and I miss the smiles.
Being at Gordon is wonderful. But I feel trapped. I don't know what to do because I feel so compelled to just somehow get back to where I feel I belong. I pray that God will bring me back there soon. I love it too much

No comments:

Post a Comment