:{The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.}: ~ Psalm 18:2

Thursday, March 10, 2011

You Made Me From Dust and Matter

Mississippi is coming up and I cannot believe it. There has been so much preparation and hard work that has gone into this trip; shaping it into what it is and creating something of humility. God has truly blessed this trip and given us an incredible opportunity to do His will. And the fact that we are just made from dust is amazing. God is using dust to do His work.

DUST. What does that mean? We were made from those pesky particles that end up all over our furniture that we are constantly getting rid of. We hold ourselves as more important than what we brush off of furniture when we are made from the same material. We are no better than what we wipe up with a duster. Yet God loves us more than dust. He treasures us and cares for us because to Him we have so much more potential than dust. We have minds and personalities and souls. We have something to offer because God made us with something to offer.

So as dust, I will be swept away to Mississippi and will be serving other beings who are made of dust. My team and I will be heading down and serving the people of Mississippi. We will be learning what humility means and how to be servants, giving all we have to the people we serve. Dust serving dust.

I am thankful that for a whole week we will have the opportunity to forget ourselves and fully concentrate on God and His people. For a full week we will truly become dust and think nothing of ourselves and only of the people we serve and the God we love. I am excited to be once again humbled and to learn what humility looks like. There are so many people that we are going to have the opportunity to meet who are going to have incredible stories that are going to inspire us to continue with our work. I pray that the team does not leave Mississippi without a sense of needing to continue with acts of humility. Hopefully they will leave with a newfound love of serving and missions and living life fully for God and His people. I pray they thirst for this when they return to school and into their normal lives. Mississippi will never leave them.

Ecclesiastes 3:20

No comments:

Post a Comment