:{The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.}: ~ Psalm 18:2

Monday, May 9, 2011

Closing Time

The school year comes to a close for me next Tuesday. After that, I will be a senior in college and that is quite honesty, extremely terrifying. I have one more year before I actually become and adult and have to do things that I won't have a clue about doing. Such as getting a real job??? Since when did this all happen? When did I grow up?

There are many more things to think about nowadays as I prepare for senior year and living in an on-campus apartment - the in-between step so that a real apartment is not so shocking. I have to figure out what I am going to bring, what my schedule from day to day will look like and what I will be doing outside of my classes. Next semester I have Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays off and I am still debating whether or not I should get an off-campus job. Just thinking about all these choices is making me go nutty.

All I know is that the Lord has a plan and that no matter what next year is going to amaze me and I am going to enjoy every moment. My life is slowing down and I am so grateful to finally have fewer things to cause anxiety. Since returning from Mississippi, I feel myself just deflating from all the pressure of the trip.

And in the past few weeks since starting this new relationship with Aaron, I have been thinking about what the next year and the summer will look like with him. What will this year bring for us in this exciting new adventure? We are already planning many fun dates for the summer and we look forward to cooking together in my apartment. We want to maintain a healthy relationship that truly brings joy to our lives and to our time together. I am excited to see what happens this summer and throughout our senior year and to see where life takes us. I really care about him and I am so thankful for him and the man he is. God has truly given me a gift that I will always cherish.

No comments:

Post a Comment