:{The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.}: ~ Psalm 18:2

Monday, May 16, 2011

Steps

I just bought a pair of Toms shoes and I am very excited to know that a child will also be getting a free pair of shoes who really needs them. I know that much of the money I spent will also go towards advertising and payroll, but at least a child without shoes now has a pair. As long as I am helping someone, I am happy. It will be nice because whenever I wear those shoes I will think of a child who is just a little bit better off than they were before.

No matter what, I think that charities are great things. As long as most of their money is actually going towards their cause and they are trying to make a change in the world. With some organizations, I wonder if their organization has really done anything to help the people they claim to be supporting. For example, there are some cancer charities that still have not found a cure yet for the cancer they try to combat. You would think that after a few years there might be some progress made.

As for right now, though, I am glad that people are taking a stand and fighting poverty. It is good to see people come together for a good cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment