:{The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.}: ~ Psalm 18:2

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Artwork of Assisi #2

I just got back (not really, it was yesterday) from my interview with Massimo Cruciani and it went so well! He was great at answering all my questions and he gave me a great deal of information. I got to ask him all the questions from the interview as well as some extra questions. Most of the questions, Claire asked, which was good because I'm not very good at askig questions. Massimo was very interesting and I was really pleased with how easy it was to talk to him. He was certainly very Italian and he was originally from Rome. That was a really nice connection for me because of my Italian family being from Rome. He, at first, was a photographer when he was young, but the men he worked with or for stole all of his work. He lived in so many places and all for art. It was incredible being in his presence in such a relaxed way. He looked like an artist but he was very unassuming as a world known artist who has studios in six or seven places around the world. His work is incredible - all hand painted glass. They are so unique and of the most beautiful things. He ended up giving Claire and I two posters each of his work, which was so generous of him, since they were about eight euros a piece. Overall, we had a great interview and we made a new friend in Assisi!
Now I get to transcribe the interview and type out a rough draft. How exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment