:{The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.}: ~ Psalm 18:2

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Just a Day, Just an Ordinary Day

Again, it is just another day in Assisi, getting all my work done and hanging out with my friends. I am still thoroughly enjoying it here and will be sad when I have to leave in a few days. But for now, I am going to make the most of it!
My work has been slightly draining and I am having a hard time with some of it. Not because it is academically hard, more just topically hard. My emotions are getting involved and I really need to try and control that better. I do not want to get attached because then I will get unhappy, which is just a shame. This summer is going to be a lot of fun and I do not want to feel sad for all of it.
This trip has certainly taught me a lot about journalism so far. Do not get too attached, because then you can't help but get "involved." It's much easier to take yourself out of the picture and simply fade into the background... then again, I think I'm pretty good at doing that anyway.
Well, here's to another day in Assisi. As hard as it is, I want to come back and I want to explore more and live more. I want to be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment